This page is for people who may be interested in various elements of the business with respect to advertising companies etc:
2011 Financial Highlights of HomeAway Inc (see link ).
– Total revenue increased 37.1% to $230.2 million from $167.9 million in
– Listing revenue increased 30.5% to $199.5 million from $152.9 million in
– Adjusted EBITDA increased 54.5% to $66.8 million from $43.2 million in
2010. As a percentage of revenue, Adjusted EBITDA was 29.0%, an increase
of approximately 325 basis points over 25.7% in 2010.
– Free cash flow increased 24.4% to $64.0 million from $51.5 million for
the prior year.
– Net loss attributable to common stockholders was $18.5 million, or $0.31
per diluted share compared to a net loss of $18.3 million or $0.48 per
diluted share in 2010. This measure per diluted share includes the
impact of cumulative preferred stock dividends and discount accretion of
$24.7 million, or $0.41 per share, in the full year 2011 and $35.2
million, or $0.92 per share, in the full year 2010. As of December 31,
2011, the Company no longer had any preferred stock outstanding.
Key Business Metrics
– Paid listings were 640,925, a year-over-year increase of 21.5% from
527,535 at the end of the fourth quarter of 2010.
– Average revenue per listing during the fourth quarter was $321, compared
to $311 during the fourth quarter of 2010. Average revenue per listing
during the full year of 2011 was $341, compared to $318 during the full
year of 2010.
– Renewal rate was 76.8%, compared to 75.9% at the end of the fourth
quarter of 2010 and 76.4% at the end of the third quarter of 2011.
– Visits were 97.1 million during the fourth quarter, according to the
Company’s internal metrics, an increase of 21.8% year-over-year.
According to the Company’s internal metrics, visits during the full year
of 2011 were 495.2 million, an increase of 24.3% year-over-year.